Attachment Play for Foster Carers
This two-day training event is aimed specifically for Foster Carers giving them the opportunity to learn about Attachment Play and how to use play activities to make meaningful connections with the children and young people they care for.
- An understanding of Attachment Play (interactive play therapy)
- An understanding of neurobiology and the impact of early life trauma on the brain
- How interactive play can positively affect the developing brain
- Developed insight into the nature of ‘relational play’ and its ability to help children form stronger attachments, build resilience, develop a sense of self & increase self-esteem
- Understanding the importance of play for children’s social and emotional development and learning potential
- Learn how to use Theraplay® principles in the home setting