Make Meaningful Connections
This training is aimed at giving prospective adopters the opportunity to learn about attachment play & how to use Theraplay® activities to make meaningful connections with children. The session will help with understanding the impact of play & non-verbal communication has on building attachments & developing ‘attunement’ with children.
- An understanding of attachment play (interactive play therapy)
- An understanding of neurobiology and the impact of early life trauma on the brain
- An understanding of developmental or complex trauma and its impact on babies, children and young people
- Understanding the importance of play for your child’s social and emotional development and learning potential.
- Learn how to use attachment play/Theraplay® principles in the home setting